lauantai 1. joulukuuta 2012

Dolls in movies: Doll master

There is this one Korean horror movie called Doll master. Movie about young adults getting killed the most brutally ways by those spirits of the dolls. About revenge and trust.

Main feature are dolls that have developed a soul and revenging spirits.

One seeks revenge upon her owner and maker who got murdered for a crime that he did not do. Other is seeking for her owner who had abandoned her. She even turns evil spirit when rejected by her previous owner but she still wishes to protect her. Third doll belongs to a slightly autistic girl who keeps a good care about her doll and acts a bit strange. She goes berserk when her doll gets “killed”. –Well his spirit is being prevented from entering the doll by pecking its eyes and severing head from the body. ( If you get freaked out by this, your big gears are loosing the touch from the reality... )

I though for the rest of the movie that they are at the doll maker’s place with all the tools and they don’t even try to fix her doll. O.o’ –Before she gets killed.

I cried when lost doll’s owner kept rejecting her doll. there was something about that when the doll’s wish was to know why she got rejected. It was so sad and probably the heart tearing part of the whole movie.

Though in that point I wonder is the doll’s owner so selfish bitch or so damn shocked and traumatized that everything that is said to her goes through one ear and comes out from the other. Either way, she can’t deal with the doll’s affection and loyalty.

Most remembale things in the movie are defintelly the huge vitreine of dolls, doll masters work spaces and the life sized dolls and doll furnitures. –Oh I would love to be in that house. I would probably find a way to smuggle some of deco pieces out there. Say where could you put a life sized doll’s torso with a mirror?

In all together I enjoyed the movie.

dollmaster-4

photo1267[2]

the-doll-master

The-Doll-Master-Korean-Horror-Movie-2004-horror-movies-28082718-639-349

image045

Screenshots are gathered from various places and sources via google’s image search. I didn’t find the doll mirror or doll lamp or thee toilets much but there is one in the closet. That scene was priceless I tell you! x’’’D

Another is quite awkward that there kind of public toilet where dolls are set over or on toilets somehow. I might not have done that but they do serve a purpose when they are there. The spirit of a doll can enter them and dispose a person who sit s on a toilet. –I gotta say that annoying little cider-head high school student did have it coming.

I’m not the kind of usual horror movie watcher who watches them to get kicks from getting afraid. I don’t know what that is to watch a horror movie and feel the chills crawling up a spine. O.o’

So did the movie made me scare of my dolls? Nah. Ask me again if something weird happens. * lol *

About dolls having souls? Why not. I have hear lot of much insane theories. Believe it or not but I might have one that kind of doll and he is my treasure. -And recently arrived haven’t yet told his name. But I know a bit about him. ;)

Is there more BJD/doll related movies out there. I know some western ones like Child’s play series but that’s like comedy nowadays... Dead Silence. –Which is really good and I might write and entry about that later on.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti