lauantai 14. huhtikuuta 2012

Edmund – straight to custom

I don’t think I have yet ever been this fast or impulsive to custom my boys so straight away. Though I knew that Edmund would need customization while I bought him. That’s one of the reasons why I bought him.

Loose legs on the hip. –Noted. I didn’t know it would be so damnd  bad that he wouldn’t be able to stand on his own. O..o’ Good thing though that I had a spare body so no buggy at all. 

P4140590

I wonder what one of his previous owners ( he has had three or four before me ) has done to his headcap and to his wig. It looks like the wig was cut by accident while removing it. -I can say that if I hadn’t red that customizing tutorial about Pullips while I red about customizing Dal, I might have freaked out what I found out after removing Edmund’s wig.

Wow, I hadn’t never imagined even in my wildest dreams that I would ever need to custom a head type like this.

So, the The scalp needs to be taken off before the head can be opened. I was surprised that it’s soft. O..o’

I wonder could it be rooted?

P4140591Someone sure had used some rubbery glue to seal the head cap. The brown marks are from the wig that has been removed way too rough. –And by using a sharp tools.

Peeling them off is very simple and doesn’t need so hasty actions at all. Maybe to be a bit patient while prying it off. It’s also best to start wig removing from the back of the head, not front. If you must use a knife, use it just a little and do not cut the wig.

Oh right to pry the scalp off… I used flat screwdriver. 8D It was suitable because the scalp is soft and gives in quite a lot. But if I were you and worried I would use some other tool and be careful. ;)

P4140592

There we are. Scalp removed and it all look suddently very familiar again. It’s like customizing any other of my boys. 8D Also the eye mechanism looks familiar.

The seller mentioned the stiff eye mechanism and I was curious to check it out and possibly do something about it. There was one screw that was a bit too big for it’s purpose so I replaced it. –Took it from old pencil sharpener.

Just when I got his head off the eyechips popped off. It began to look the very much like ordinarry customization at Uku’s. I ended up replacing the eye chips. 8’) His old ones were soft rubber alike. New ones are Cain’s 2th eyes. x’D They also match to Edmund’s make up. x’3

His eyelashes were taped on. –Do not ask I don’t know why or howcome or who did that. Aaand his left eyelid wasn’t even attached on a spring.

P4140593

If I would have to guess something that could be wrong in his eyelashes, it would be old springs. Though they worked while testing them before I put his head back together. It’s like something somewhere is jammed and cannot move properly.

That’s gotta wait for next time when I want to check inside of his head. - Right now I don’t feel like it. x’D

Obitsu fit rather well, though the neck area migh be the eternal issue. I wonder if I should have cut off the neck plug for few millimeters. Though to get better fit the neck hole should be carved a bit for the neck to fit.

All that took about 30 mins or less. Then again I wasn’t in a hurry and switched Cain’s body again but that Obitsu fits better for Serpent. x’D I mean that he really seems to be happy about the situation. Now, all he needs is some clothing.

P4140601

Photos: Ukuli

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti