torstai 14. marraskuuta 2013

Stuff that I would want to read and some forgotten craft skills

Shouldn’t be any big surprise that these books are on my wishlist. ^^’

While writing this I just remembered that I had forgotten one bargain at the auction that was old crafting book about no other than resin casting crafts. Here some resins are referenced as  “casting plasctic”.  I need to remember to check that thing.

I don’t think I got any message about the bargain that it had closed so it must have had that price thing that seller won’t sell it until that limit they have given to it exceeds. I really hate those kinds of bargains, I do. =..=

At 70’s and 80’s it was quite known crafting hobby to cast dried flowers, small items, photos and dead inscects inside the plastic. I wonder why it became so... unknown? Though lot of old crafts have been forgotten like making mittens with a special kind of needle,  “mitten needle”  and sewing techique. 83 Also weaving rugs from recycled clothes can be counted as forgottening crafts. :( I’m really proud that I got some skills about weaving rugs, poppana which is pretty traditional Finnish table cloth and wool shawl. 83 I’m not good on knitting or crocheting but I’m good at weaving. –And…. I admit that I can sew different kinds of things with and without patterns.

Dear Santa...

$(KGrHqMOKpYFIt1kTPG(BSRCIe0Lfw~~60_1  $(KGrHqR,!qYFHm!BPwn9BSDYvjyVUQ~~60_1

$T2eC16dHJGIFFo01oyvjBSIjsHH4fQ~~60_1

And that old worn out book about casting plastic book Askarrellaan valumuovista.

I wish there was books about doll making like these in Finnish or English but alas… of course there are not. Except something about miniatures like one pretty good one  1/12 scale miniature figures for the doll’s house by James Carrington.

Images above: Defintelly NOT mine!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti