perjantai 11. maaliskuuta 2011

AndreaS' big day

Ok, today it is IT. I’ll be getting my new body today that I have been desiring of having for a while now and I’ll be one of the boys. My new body arrived yesterday and I got exited and I had wished that Uku would have hurried up and performed the surgery right away. She worries too much but she also had very nasty flu for few weeks but she’s gotten better. She’s also been more nervous than I am about this body switch.
All she agreed to do yesterday was to prepare me for big operation by removing my hair. It didn’t even hurt so how bad the body switch can be. I look so... odd without hair. I think I will ask could she wait a few minutes before she puts my hair back so I could cosplay Aang from Avatar for a while. I really don’t think that I could be worse than movie version.

1103 001 Today was time to finish AndreaS’s body switching operation. It’s my very first time ever when I’m doing customization this big. O..O’ I was very nervous and had peek on the tutorials one more time to be sure what to do and how. As you might have read one from the yesterday, I had some tools ready and some... still under searching.
I don’t have handy tiny saw. -Though I really should invest into one. As well as proper hobby knife. So for the saw part I had to improvise. My favorite word. 8D ( You better run now. I mean really. Professionals might not want to read any further because it’s Uku’s way all the way from now on. ) ( Photo: Resting in pieces. Dal head has been opened and original body has been removed. )

I didn’t find tiny saw. I did use three different types of knives instead. -Though now that I think about it, I would have survived with just two of them. I did use fur knife to mark the spots where I needed to cut things off after measuring proximatly how much needs to get off. Parts that will require sawing/extreme cutting are neck stick and that bulb that’s attached into that neck stick with a screw. 

1103 006One thing about the screw. There’s going to be on hell of a struggle with getting blunt tipped screw on that neck stick so do a favor and find thin and tiny screw that’s a bit shorter than one that comes with Obitsu body. I did try to make the hole for the screw bigger by trying to carve it out with tiny drill... and burning it with metallic knitting stick that I kept over tiny candle. And I am not recommending anyone to play with candle and metallic knitting sticks. If you must or if this gave you ideas which I hope this did not... Be careful with flaming fire!
Always keep candle on non flammable surface. Keep any flammable material far away from the candle and always blow the candle out and never leave it unguard. Never toss matches carefreely around the place. Have a glass with water near you for just in case and you can even dump the used matches in that water glass for just in case. I use the metal pin for making holes in plastic. ( Photo: Neck has been prepared. Head attachment is next in line. )

Anyway, neither did that change the fact that screw I did want to put on place had blunt end and did not go in after the neck stick got shorter. I spent few things to go through the jars and boxes in order to find tiny screws. Tiny like one that came with body but few millimetres shorter so it would fit in without problems. Luckily found one. 8D

1103 003I think it’s my trademark or something but I can’t draw straight line... not to mentioning about being able to saw such. I can’t saw straight with ordinary hand saw, not to mentioning about using tiny saw-bladed knife into sawing tiny and slippery pieces. O..o’ Yikes!
I didn’t use saw-bladed knife for the neck but regular sharp knife and fur knife... and to finishing touch... a hammer. It’s total mystery where the heck did the non-needed piece of the neck fly. ( I did warn you didn’t I? ) I did finish off the cutting the neck nicely. It was tiny hammer and I was very careful. Cheesh...  * can well imagine her blog’s readers turning pale white after reading the last part * ( Photo: Reason to be very careful... )

But back to the part after removing doll’s wig. It was time to open open the head and it really opened like nothing after all three screws were removed. There I was really nervous about how well things had gone at that far.

1103 010Eventually AndreaS did get his new body switched... With few improvised actions taken... Like ones described above. Actually besides the elastic band they were the only bizarre things that happened. I guess I was pretty hilarious sight when running to lend when drill, when knives, brining the knives back, lending drill again, cursing “perkele” and v-words few times...

I guess it would have been over sooner with not only proper tools. It took less than hour to get to the part where doll is supposed to put back together. Going to try different ways to get blunt screw back chomped another half hour so... I would assume it took me close to two hours to put him back together with his new body. So... Yes. Prepare to worst if you don't have tools ready or something goes missing. ( Photo: There he is... Showing the tattoos that he would want next... =..=' )

1103 012After his body was successfully switched it was time to glue her wig back. I dunno if I used proper kind of glue. For sure I didn't go using extra strong epoxy ones but normal(?) glue for papers/wood etc etc.. If I have something to say for myself, I did got her wig straight and in theory anyway it should hold. :D

In case you were wondering... yes, my working desk is always in such a chaos where there are more projects and stuff around that I might even need but I still need to keep all under my surveillance so nothing important gets lost. To me out of sight is literally out of my mind. O..O' ( Photo: Waiting for glue to dry... )

Next time I'll do this even better. 8D

Photos by Ukuli

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti