I was following my intuition and it led me to this and it looks quite nice. I began from the sleeves, even managed to lost the sight of one of them for a while. I had no plans to add the pearls and beads but I end up sewing them on and they look like they're supposed to belong there all the way.
Collar area was quite the headache. The plan was to turn the collar, sew pearls to hang from the each point but then I was thinking about making the area with glass beads and pearls or sewing the left over piece of the net ribbon on it.
It's fully hand-sewn and making it took for quite the while. About a whole week thanks to busy being exhausted when coming home from the work.
Materials:
- net ribbon ( white with some silver fiber mixed into it. Artificial fibres but no further idea of what the material is.
- fake pearls ( small ones used on the sleeves are from a broken decoration )
- silver colored glass beads
- white thread.
- scissors, white thread & needle ( for sewing the ribbon and pearls and beads )
Only things I needed to invest some money were the pearls I used on the hem. Everything else I already had. Glass beads were really old, they even had price tag with Finnish Markka times. O...o' They were ones that my mom bought for some purpose but I doubt that she ever used them. She also found the piece of the net ribbon and tossed that on my desk one day.
I tried to take photos about it but... they're not much not of worth of hoorays. <.<' * must learn to take decent photos *
---
Uku
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti